If you are concerned about your health, what is a healthy diet or wondering if diets are healthy you should watch this webinar.
Just in case, the webinar isn’t available I’ve attached my notes and screen shots from the video.
This information is from a U of C webinar called Let food be thy medicine: Diet and disease . Della and I are grateful we have this local resource. The lead presenter was:
- Canadians are deluding ourselves about believing we eat a healthy diet.
- Salt is salt. There is very little difference in sodium content in sea salt or Himalayan salt or table salt
- 70% of the data our politicians base policy on is from weak research
- some diets will only help you look better in the coffin sooner.
- shop the perimeter of the supermarket
- Makes no sense to eat real food then add condiments high in salt, sugar and bad fats.
Labels should be clear, like the text in red on the slide.