It’s late September, the grass is green, days are high teens, nights are high single digits. Still we’re planning to close the campground October 14th.
The 2020 season was shortened by the Pandemic and travel was restricted. Still were calling our season 4 a success.
The campground is getting pretty quiet. The geese are returning. The nights are chilly but only one so far came close to freezing. The irrigation is shut down, the plumber is scheduled to shut down the wash house, so final preparations are nearly done.
Most of our guests this year were from Western Canada. Traffic to and from Alaska was drastically reduced. After the confusion of the first few weeks, Americans were given 5 days to get from the southern port of crossing to Alaska. Neither of us can recall any European visitors.
There was no 2020 Williams Lake Stampede. There were a couple of fund raising breakfasts and carbeques. There was a closed rodeo, High School rodeo and Little Britches all with maximum attendance of 50.
- Solution found to hard water spots on RVWe’ve used our RV for the last six summers as our home while hosting at the Williams Lake Stampede Campground. The sites are irrigated nightly. We don’t have a lot of time for RV maintenance during the first half of the summer on the build up to Stampede. The second half of summer is slower … Read more
- Much slower since Stampede endedSince the Williams Lake Stampede ended last week, there’s time for other things. Tonight I’m barbecuing chicken for dinner. It’s a very pleasant 25 c with slight breeze.
- Statement from Willie Sellers, Williams Lake First Nationwww.facebook.com/100005108017990/posts/pfbid02y4bWAXiRSMSr8eANJLg2Mp71tArWZ8p1sd2tNTCRwrM5nWne1rB4kDFzR8RbQM9Ml/
- VIDEO: ‘It was unreal’: Williams Lake Stampede Association rodeo announcer on July 3 shooting, evacuation – Williams Lake TribuneTyson Pietsch credits Williams Lake Stampede Association implementing emergency evacuation plan — Read on www.wltribune.com/news/video-it-was-unreal-williams-lake-stampede-association-rodeo-announcer-on-july-3-shooting-evacuation/
- 2022 Williams Lake Stampede Rodeo resultswww.facebook.com/480441562070401/posts/pfbid0ab4h3UTY1crfiazpU8dx9JGZKoJtcBWhuPktVQHpKRjd8dVeYXdf3vHtgU8tuwmjl/