It’s late September, the grass is green, days are high teens, nights are high single digits. Still we’re planning to close the campground October 14th.
The 2020 season was shortened by the Pandemic and travel was restricted. Still were calling our season 4 a success.
The campground is getting pretty quiet. The geese are returning. The nights are chilly but only one so far came close to freezing. The irrigation is shut down, the plumber is scheduled to shut down the wash house, so final preparations are nearly done.
Most of our guests this year were from Western Canada. Traffic to and from Alaska was drastically reduced. After the confusion of the first few weeks, Americans were given 5 days to get from the southern port of crossing to Alaska. Neither of us can recall any European visitors.
There was no 2020 Williams Lake Stampede. There were a couple of fund raising breakfasts and carbeques. There was a closed rodeo, High School rodeo and Little Britches all with maximum attendance of 50.
- Campground shutdown 2020It’s late September, the grass is green, days are high teens, nights are high single digits. Still we’re planning to close the campground October 14th. The 2020 season was shortened by the Pandemic and travel was restricted. Still were calling our season 4 a success. The campground is getting pretty quiet. The geese are returning. … Read more
- Our fantastic Tower Garden season endsWe planted in June and harvested Sep 15th. We had many meals and giveaways during that time too. Still, it was the best garden we’ve had. It was a slow start mind you. We started the garden indoors then transplanted. It was a cold spring and they seedlings didn’t survive. But a quick re-seeding produced … Read more
- Fall days bring varied weatherFall weather has arrived. Days are warm and nights decidedly chillier. That means sweaters in the morning and shorts in the afternoons. It’s a great time of year.
- Della got some recognition.Della did a great job this summer getting the Tower Garden going. She often spoke to people about Health as well. We don’t “sell”, we just talk about our story and what we know about an amazing product line.
- We’ve learned our lessonThe weather this week is beautiful and there’s no shortage of campers. We fill up each night and empty out each day. The challenge is prepping for the inevitable winter shut down and not leaving things to the last minute. We close to campers the Monday after Thanksgiving. We spend the remainder of that week … Read more