It’s late September, the grass is green, days are high teens, nights are high single digits. Still we’re planning to close the campground October 14th.
The 2020 season was shortened by the Pandemic and travel was restricted. Still were calling our season 4 a success.
The campground is getting pretty quiet. The geese are returning. The nights are chilly but only one so far came close to freezing. The irrigation is shut down, the plumber is scheduled to shut down the wash house, so final preparations are nearly done.
Most of our guests this year were from Western Canada. Traffic to and from Alaska was drastically reduced. After the confusion of the first few weeks, Americans were given 5 days to get from the southern port of crossing to Alaska. Neither of us can recall any European visitors.
There was no 2020 Williams Lake Stampede. There were a couple of fund raising breakfasts and carbeques. There was a closed rodeo, High School rodeo and Little Britches all with maximum attendance of 50.
- The Study of History teaches us how we reached this stage.I’ve become a student of history. It teaches us how we reached this stage in our events. A couple of shows I’ve watched recently provided insight into why some people feel this incredible anger. The first is a Ted Talk with a link below. The Atlantic slave trade The second is a show on CBC … Read more
- Social Media can bring out the worstI’ve gotten some strongly worded replies to a couple of posts lately. The replies made me wonder and worry about people’s motivations for replying to someone they don’t know with pretty harsh words. I realize I don’t know people’s situations so I’m not being overly critical. Even though I receive hundreds of supporting replies those … Read more
- The Call to Courage – Brene Brown Specialhttps://www.netflix.com/watch/81010166?trackId=13752289&tctx=0%2C0%2C95b46220415f0e7e8edc0a1b62e0e234b9fc5a24%3Ab91387741b00657a8c54cbfdb07ac3c77e17f52c%2C95b46220415f0e7e8edc0a1b62e0e234b9fc5a24%3Ab91387741b00657a8c54cbfdb07ac3c77e17f52c%2Cunknown%2C
- Christmas Greetings and New TechFirst off and most importantly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Despite all the restrictions of the pandemic, Della and I had an enjoyable Christmas day. I spent part of Boxing Day creating a Facebook Live to outline what we’ve been up to during the holidays. I’ve Facebook Lived before but never using OBS to … Read more
- Merry Christmas 2020Della and I decided to start a new Christmas tradition this year. Della spent the day baking and we headed out to make some drop-offs and look at Christmas lights. Alberta has such a huge sky that my iPhone Camera can’t do it or the Chinook Arch Justice. I think we captured the “Christmas Star” … Read more